Daily Assignment Sheet
Teacher: Brenda Lecklider Date Assigned: January 7th
Class: History Date Due: January 10th
Wednesday: ReadThe Ottomans Look West – Twice in Chapter 18 of The Story of the World. After the first reading, give a narration to a parent. After the narration, answer the questions in the History Notebook.
Do the Map Work:
- Color the Arabian Sea, the Caspian Sea, the Black Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea blue. If you need help finding the borders, look at the map in your book. Make sure that you do not color Arabia!
- Outline the border of the Ottoman Empire in brown, and then lightly shad it. Notice that it is “lightly speckled” on your map.
- Vienna was seen as the heart of the West. Draw a red circle around Vienna.
- The Ottomans wanted to conquer the “West”. They began by marching toward Vienna. Draw a brown arrow from the Ottoman Empire toward Vienna.
- France, Germany, and Poland marched toward Vienna to drive back the Turks. Draw one orange arrow from France, one from the German states, and one from Poland, toward Vienna.
Take the Chapter 17 History Review Quiz which has been emailed to your parents.
Review your Latin root words for an upcoming quiz.
Responsibility:Please make sure that your student has completed the homework.
Parent Signature: ___________________________________________
To Bring to Class: History book, notebook, homework, and colored pencils