Daily Assignment Sheet
Teacher: Brenda Lecklider Date Assigned: January 21st
Class: History Date Due: January 24th
Wednesday: Read The Land of the Dragon in Chapter 20 of The Story of the World. After the first reading, give a narration to a parent. After the narration, answer the questions in the History Notebook.
Do the map work:
- Chi’en-lung lived in the capital city, Peking. Find the dot near the Yellow River. Use a pen or pencil and label the dot, “Peking.”
- Find the northeastern border of India (the border that India shares with Tibet). The Himalayan Mountains divide India from Tibet. Make up a symbol for mountains. You might use something like: ^^^. Draw the symbol for mountain along the border between India and Tibet (under the title, Himalayas). Color your symbols for mountains brown.
- Trace the journey of the dragon around the largest empire in the world:
- Using a pencil, begin at Peking. Draw an arrow through Mongolia and toward the Gobi Desert.
- From the Gobi Desert, draw an arrow toward Turkestan.
- From Turkestan, draw an arrow toward the Himalaya mountains. Remember, the dragon flew over Mount Everest, in the Himalayas.
- Draw an arrow above the Himalayas, through Tibet, through Burma, and toward Vietnam.
- Remember that the dragon took you out over the South China Sea. Draw an arrow from Vietnam, through the South China Sea and to Taiwan.
- Draw an arrow from Taiwan up into Korea.
- Finally, draw an arrow from Korea back to Peking.
- Lightly trace over the arrow in red and then shade the area within the arrow.
- Find England, France, and Spain on the left of your map. Color them green. Compare the size of these three countries with the size of China.
Take the Chapter 19 Review Quiz which has been e-mailed to your parents.
Responsibility: Please make sure that your student has completed the homework.
Parent Signature: ___________________________________________
To Bring to Class: History notebook, homework, and colored pencils